- Bala Backpackers Hostel style, in centre of Bala
- Bala Bunkhouse, two miles from Bala
- Bryn Tirion Farm bunkhouse, Dolwyddelan, not far from Betws-y-Coed
- Bwch yn Uchaf Campsite at top end of Bala lake; basic facilities, but pub nearby. we use this one when we visit the Tryweryn.
- Carrog Station Camp Site 01490 430 347. Basic campsite (no showers!) by the river Dee near Llangollen. Decent pub nearby.
- Eagles in Penmachno Bunk house attached to a pub. Not been there but recommended on UK Rivers Guidebook
- Foel Ortho (“Bunkhouse Heaven”) – very remote bunkhouse, vaguely near lake Vyrnwy.
- Glan Aber Hotel 9x 2-person bunkrooms, and hotel rooms also, in central Betws-y-coed.
- Glan Dwr Mountain Lodge Bunkhouse in Capel Curig
- Glanllyn, Campsite by the lake at Bala. Not been there, but recommended by people on UK Rivers Guidebook.
- Glyn Afon B&B (Llanberis)
- Llangollen Hostel – We haven’t stayed there (yet), but very central in Llangollen
- Lledr House Hostel, not far from Betws-y-Coed
- Pant-yr-Onnen, Campsite by the lake at Bala. Not been there, but recommended by people on UK Rivers Guidebook.
- Pen y Bont campsite Bala
- Rhiw Goch Cottage – Bunkhouse, bunkhouse near Coed-y-Brenin bike centre. Also various holiday cottages: Cadair View Lodges
- Tyddyn Bychan Bunkhouse Near Snowdonia
- Ty Isaf, Campsite near Bala. Not been there, but recommended by people on UK Rivers Guidebook.
- Tytandderwen, Campsite near Bala. Not been there, but recommended by people on UK Rivers Guidebook.
- Vagabond Hostel Betws-y -Coed
- Wern Isaf Farm 01978 860 632. Campsite just outside Llangollen.
- Woodlands Centre – a bunkhouse / hostel in the centre of Betws-y-Coed
- Braich Goch Bunkhouse & Inn – Corris Near Machynlleth (mid-Wales)
- Plasnewydd Bunkhouse Near Llanidloes (mid-Wales)
- Stonecroft Inn – bunkhouse/lodge attached to a pub, Llanwrtyd Wells, mid Wales.
- Brechfa bunkhouse
- Carfai farm campsite St Davids
- Gilfach Wen Barn Brechfa
- Hamilton Lodge Backpackers – Fishguard
- Hostels Wales Loads of bunkhouses and hostels in the Brecon Beacons
- Llandysul Paddlers They run a bunk house in Llandysul.
- Rhosson Ganol campsite St Davids
- Wales Index Directory of Bunkhouses
- Llandysul Paddlers also include a long list of other relevant accommodation here.